SITE WATER NEUTRALISATION
In civil engineering works (tunneling, underwater concrete floors), alkaline wastewater generally accumulates. These wastewaters are to be neutralized before being discharged in a wastewater treatment plant or in a body of water.
A safe and economical neutralization of alkaline wastewater is carried out with carbon dioxide (CO2). The environmentally friendly carbon dioxide prevents acidification and increased salt content of the water.
Advantages of CO2 over mineral acids
- Safe and easy pH control; Acidification is not possible
- No handling of dangerous, aggressive acids
- no increase in salinity;
- Prevents corrosion when reusing treated wastewater
- no investment costs
- low operating costs
The neutralization of construction site wastewater with a CO2 process from Messer enables the safe and economic neutralization of alkaline wastewater with carbon dioxide. For the quick and complete redemption of CO2 in water, Messer supplies the technology that best suits the local conditions. Our broad range of Neutra products ranges from entry lances with gaseous or liquid CO2 nozzles to tube reactors and Neutrabox technology for liquid CO2 injection.
- Determination of the CO2 requirements
- Development of a proposed procedure
- Complete CO2 system with storage tank, evaporator, dosing station and entry hardware
- CO2 supply
- conversion of existing plants
- Supervision of commissioning
- Support from our national and international experts